|From / To||Departure Time|
|01 April - 31 October||09:15 Everyday*Via Positano |
10:30 Everyday*Via Positano
12:05 Everyday*Via Positano
14:55 Everyday*Via Positano
Ticket - Aliscafo Amalfi - Sorrento
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€17.50||€35.00|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€13.50||€27.00|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€13.50||€27.00|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€23.00|
|Luggage (each piece)||€2.10||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento
Sorrento is one of the unmissable destinations during a stay on the Amalfi Coast. From the Amalfi Alilauro Gruson pier, fast ships and ferries to Sorrento are available. Reaching Sorrento by ferry will allow you to admire from the sea the views and the particularities of a stretch of coastline unique in the world. Not to mention that moving to the sea allows you to avoid traffic and have more time to enjoy Sorrento.
How to get from Amalfi to Sorrento?
The fast ferries from Amalfi to Sorrento leave from the pier located in the center of the ancient Maritime Republic, a few steps from the SITA bus parking area and the Darsena car park. The pier can be easily reached on foot from the Cathedral of Amalfi, from the historic center of the coastal city or from any accommodation facility in the city. If you are staying in another town on the coast, you can easily get to Amalfi with the Sita Sud bus. Coming from Positano, the best solution is the combined connection with the Alilauro Gruson bus to Amalfi, and then board the direct ferry to Sorrento.
Port of arrival for ferries from Amalfi to Sorrento
The disembarkation point for all fast ferries from Amalfi to Sorrento is the port of Marina Piccola. From the port, looking up, you can see the historic center of Sorrento which is easy to reach by public lift, by bus, taxi or even on foot.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Amalfi to Sorrento
Usually the ferries or hydrofoils from Amalfi to Sorrento are available starting in the morning. In addition, there are several afternoon connections. On the Alilauro Gruson website you will find constantly updated ferry timetables for the ferries from Amalfi to Sorrento. If you are planning to spend a day in Sorrento, you should book your return ticket first, to save time and be sure to have your seat on board.
Ferry prices from Amalfi to Sorrento
You can book tickets for the fast ferries from Amalfi to Sorrento in advance on the Alilauro Gruson website. Remember to also monitor the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best offers. Normally, the full ticket for the single route starts at around 16 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
What to do during your stay in Sorrento?
A few steps from the port of Marina Piccola, there is the wonderful center of Sorrento. Dotted with small streets, walking you will find numerous shops and restaurants. Crossing the Corso, you arrive at Piazza Tasso, the center of Sorrento. It is pleasant to go as far as Marina Grande, the old port full of restaurants on the sea.
What to see in Sorrento?
Here are 3 places not to be missed in Sorrento during your stay:
- 1. La Marinella: is one of the most beautiful places in Sorrento, full of restaurants and panoramic terraces. The best time to see this area is at sunset. ;
- 2. Piazza Sant’Antonino: this beautiful square dedicated to the Saint of Miracles is worth a visit
- 3. Museo Correale: this enchanting archaeological museum with adjoining art gallery, inside there are many porcelains and finds from the Capodimonte school
What to eat in Sorrento?
- 1. Parmigiana: dish of the Neapolitan tradition par excellence, it is a fried aubergine cake topped with mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil.
- 2. Cannoli alla Sorrentina: these delicious cannoli are filled with a delicious lemon cream
- 3. Sorbet: in one of the many kiosks, you can try this delicious and fresh local specialty.
Tips for a trip from Amalfi to Sorrento
May is the best month to stay in Sorrento. The air is sweet and the people are few. In addition, it is a flowering period so you will be able to enjoy the view and the aromas of the orange trees in bloom. If, on the other hand, you have decided to go to Sorrento in July or August, in the most popular months, remember to reserve your seat in advance. Tickets for Alilauro Gruson ferries can be booked online in the appropriate section.