|From / To||Departure Time|
|01 April - 03 November||06:40 Weekdays*Via Sorrento |
09:10 Holiday*Via Sorrento
|01 April - 14 June||07:55 Sat-Sun*Via Sorrento|
|15 June - 30 September||07:55 Everyday*Via Sorrento|
Ticket cost Capri Castellamare
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€19.70||€39.40|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€10.90||€21.80|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€19.70||€35.80|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€21.50|
|Luggage (each piece)||€3.00||-|
- NOTES: Landing tax in Capri to be added to the fees: extra €2,50 per person.
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE:For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry from Capri to Castellammare
From the island of Capri it is possible to reach the city of Castellammare di Stabia with one of our boats. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in the Port of Capri, hydrofoils and fast ferries are available to Castellammare di Stabia. The city of ancient spa tradition, already known in Roman times, boasts a spectacular coastline with a privileged view of Mount Vesuvius. There are several splendid Roman villas that can be visited in the archaeological area of Stabia. Furthermore, from Castellammare it is easy to reach the archaeological sites of Pompeii and Herculaneum by public transport.
How to get from Capri to Castellammare di Stabia ?
Ferries from Capri to Castellammare di Stabia depart from the island's tourist port. The port of Marina Grande can be easily reached on foot in about twenty minutes or by the funicular departing every 15 minutes from the Piazzetta of Capri. Alternatively, you can take a taxi.
Port of Castellammare di Stabia
The disembarkation point for all fast ferries from Sorrento to Capri is the tourist port of Castellammare di Stabia. As soon as you arrive in Castellammare, you can stroll along the seafront and enjoy the magnificent profile of the Gulf of Naples that unfolds before your eyes. It is possible to move around the city with the buses of the EAV line.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Capri to Castellammare
Fast connections from Capri to Castellammare are available starting in the afternoon. On the Alilauro Gruson website you will find the timetable with all the available rides that are continuously updated. Usually the ferries departing from Capri are not very numerous, so it is advisable to book your ticket in advance.
Ticket prices from Capri to Castellammare
You can book tickets for the fast ferries from Capri to Castellammare in advance on our website Alilauro Gruson. Do not forget to take a look at the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best proposals. Normally, the full ticket for the single route starts at around 20 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
How long does the connection from Capri to Castellammare take?
The connection between the Port of Marina Grande di Capri and that of Castellammare has a total duration of just under an hour. During the journey, you will be able to see Vesuvius from different angles, before the attention is captured by the Faraglioni of Capri, as the landing on the island approaches.
What to do during your stay in Castellammare di Stabia?
Castellammare is the ideal destination for those who want to explore the Phlegraean peninsula. Thanks to its thermal waters, it was a favorite destination for Roman patricians. The remains of two Roman villas can be visited: Villa San Marco and Villa Arianna.
What to see in Castellammare di Stabia?
Here are 3 places not to be missed in Castellammare during your stay:
- Excavations of Varano: there were numerous patrician villas built in the area, given the favorable climatic conditions of the area. Some of them, well preserved, contain precious mosaics and represent a historical legacy of inestimable value.
- Terme Stabiane: covered following the explosion of Vesuvius in 79, it is one of the best preserved Roman thermal baths in the world.
- Reggia di Quisisana: this palace was built by the Angevin kings as a holiday and health resort. In addition to the historical-artistic value, from this building it is possible to enjoy a privileged view of the Gulf of Naples.
What to eat in Castellammare di Stabia?
- Biscotto di Castellammare: absolutely not to be missed are these biscuits with an unmistakable taste. The recipe is secret, in fact no one has ever managed to reproduce the flavor!
- Caponata Stabiese: wet stale bread, cherry tomatoes, aubergines in oil, olives and mushrooms. Few ingredients for a dish you won't easily forget.
- Schito artichoke: product of one of the slow food principals, it should be tried both in its roasted and stuffed version.
Tips for a trip from Capri to Castellammare di Stabia
Castellammare di Stabia with its famous chalets and the clubs on the seafront is perfect to be visited during the summer. However, in spring and autumn you can enjoy greater tranquility and be able to devote yourself entirely to visiting the various archaeological sites not only in the city but also in its surroundings.