Timetables - Ferry Capri - Procida
Routes temporarily suspended
Rates - Ferry Capri - Procida
Ferry from Capri to Procida
From the port of Capri you can easily reach Procida, with a short stop on the island of Ischia. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Sorrento, fast ships and ferries to Procida are available. While sailing to Procida, you will be able to admire the wonderful Gulf of Naples from the ferry. The island of typical pastel-colored buildings will amaze you with its wild charm.
How to get from Capri to Procida ?
Ferries from Capri to Procida depart from the tourist port of the Faraglioni Island. Marina Grande can be easily reached on foot in about twenty minutes or with the characteristic funicular, departing every 15 minutes from the Piazzetta of Capri. Alternatively, you can take a taxi.
Port of arrival of ferries from Capri to Procida
The arrival point of all fast ferries from Capri to Procida is the port of Marina Grande, which is located a short distance from the former summer residence of the Bourbons, Palazzo Montefusco. From the port you can easily walk to Terra Murata, the charming old town overlooking the sea of ??Procida. Public EAV buses are the most practical way to get around the island. Four lines and runs with a good frequency of schedules, allow you to move freely. Alternatively, you can board the local micro-taxis: Apecar which unravels in the maze of Procida alleys, as in an authentic summer dream.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Capri to Procida
The fast connections from Capri to Procida are available starting from the afternoon, the daily connections start from the month of August. On the Alilauro Gruson website you will find the timetable with all the available rides that are continuously updated. Usually the ferries departing from Capri are not very numerous, so it is advisable to book your ticket in advance.
Ferry prices from Capri to Procida
Hydrofoils and fast ferries on the Capri-Procida route can be booked online on the Alilauro Gruson website at no extra cost. Reductions are available for residents and accompanied children from 2 to 11 years old. Directly from the site you can keep an eye on the Offers section, to win the return connection to Procida at a discounted price.
How long does the Capri-Procida connection last?
The journey time of the Capri-Procida connection is approximately one hour. However, some ferries make a short stop at the port of Ischia. During this journey you will be able to admire not only the beautiful Phlegraean islands, but also the entire Gulf of Naples.
What to do during your stay in Procida?
Procida is not a very large island, which is why it can be easily explored on foot. The first thing to do is let yourself be enchanted by its colorful houses. From the port of Marina Grande it is possible to go towards Salita castello, crossing the historic center. In addition, it is possible to go as far as the Terrace of the two Cannons, where you can observe the enchanting surrounding landscape.
What to see in Procida?
Between naturalistic itineraries and enchanted places, here's what not to miss during a stay in Procida:
- La Corricella: this seaside village of medieval origin is a place rich in history and legend. It was here that some of the most famous scenes of the film "Il Postino'' by Massimo Troisi, awarded with the Oscar for best foreign film, were shot.
- Marina Grande Sent'Co: it is a very surprising place full of restaurants and bars to explore.
- Casal Vascello: is one of the best preserved farmhouses on the island. These houses of the '500 were built to protect themselves from the invasions of the Saracens. Walking through the farmhouses is like taking a trip back in time.
What to eat in Procida?
All that remains is to discover the excellent cuisine of Procida. In this section we present 3 of the dishes you absolutely must try:
- Fried fish: the fresh catch of the day, fried according to tradition and accompanied by local lemon. To be associated with one of the white wines of the Phlegraean islands such as Biancolella.
- Spaghetti with sea urchins: first seafood dish typical of the place, full of taste. The freshly caught sea urchin is added when cooked so as not to alter its flavor.
- Caprese: it is the perfect dish to cool off from the summer heat based on tomatoes and local mozzarella and fresh basil.
Tips for a trip from Sorrento to Procida
Procida has been named the Capital of Culture 2022. There are numerous events planned and we recommend that you consult the website of the Municipality of Procida for more information and not to miss any of the events scheduled on the island.