|From / To||Departure Time|
|01 April - 31 October||09:15 Everyday |
|15 June - 15 September||17:10 Everyday|
Ticket - Ferry Positano - Sorrento
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€16.00||€32.00|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€12.50||€25.00|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€12.50||€25.00|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€20.00|
|Luggage (each piece)||€2.10||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry from Positano to Sorrento
During your holiday in Positano you can easily reach Sorrento by sea, to enjoy the suggestion of the Sorrento Peninsula by plowing the waves. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Positano, fast ships and ferries to Sorrento are available. From the ferry, the scent of the sea replaces traffic and on board our Alilauro boats everything becomes even more fascinating. Once in Sorrento, get ready for continuous surprises made of natural beauty, monuments, places of art and gastronomic uniqueness.
How to get from Positano to Sorrento?
Ferries from Positano to Sorrento depart from the pier near the Spiaggia Grande, reachable by walking through the picturesque alleys of the vertical city. A small internal bus could make your journey easier, should you be late to board your ferry to Sorrento.
The Port of Sorrento
The disembarkation point for all fast ferries from Positano to Sorrento is the tourist port of Marina Piccola. This port is the perfect place from which to explore the Sorrento Peninsula. From here you can walk to your hotel or travel by EAV bus or taxi.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Positano to Sorrento
Usually the Positano - Sorrento ferries or hydrofoils are available starting in the morning. The connections are distributed at different times of the day and are very numerous especially in summer. On the Alilauro Gruson website you will find the timetables of the ferries from Positano to Sorrento constantly updated.
Ferry prices from Positano to Sorrento
On the Alilauro Gruson website you can book tickets for the Positano-Sorrento connection well in advance. Remember to also monitor the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best offers. Normally, the full ticket for the single route starts at around 18 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
What to do during a stay in Sorrento?
From the port of Marina Piccola it is possible to walk to the center of Sorrento. Packed with restaurants and shops. There will be no risk of getting bored during your stay, between relaxing on one of the wonderful beaches, places of art and culture, entertainment and gastronomy.
What to see in Sorrento?
Here are 3 places not to be missed in Sorrento during your stay:
- 1. The terrace of the Excelsior Vittoria: one of the most evocative historical places in the city. His view of Vesuvius was the backdrop for the film “Qualcosa di Biondo” with Sofia Loren. The terrace has hosted celebrities of the caliber of Ronald Reagan, Rockefeller and Loren herself, while actors like Totò and De Filippo were at home here. The hotel suite hosted the tenor Caruso in his last days of life and here Lucio Dalla composed the famous piece dedicated to Caruso, which is a manifesto of Sorrento in the world.
- 2. Corso Italia: the main street of Sorrento, lined with historic buildings and trendy shops. This street is always full of charm, scents and the inevitable Sorrento lemons displayed in the ice cream shops.
- 3. La Marinella: place full of restaurants and with a beautiful view of the Gulf of Naples. Meeting place for an unmissable aperitif or for a talk, enjoying an incomparable sunset.
What to eat in Sorrento?
- 1. Spaghetti alla Nerano: the simplicity of ingredients that bewitched Jacqueline Kennedy, who used to ask for this dish of spaghetti with local zucchini in restaurants.
- 2. Cannoli alla Sorrentina: these delicious cannoli are filled with an exquisite lemon cream, prepared with balance and wisdom according to tradition.
- 3. Mussels alla Sorrentina: freshly caught from the sea of Sorrento, these seafood are prepared according to a recipe handed down from father to son.