|From / To||Departure Time|
|01 April - 14 July|
16 August - 30 September
|10:00 Mon-Wed-Fri*Via Ischia|
|15 July - 15 August||10:00 Everyday*Via Ischia|
Ferry from Procida to Capri
The island of Procida is an authentic natural beauty located off the Costa Flegrea, a few miles from Ischia. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Procida, fast ships and ferries to Capri are available. The stretch to be done in navigation is among the most incredible in the world. Between Procida and Capri there is the gulf that goes from Naples to Sorrento, dominated by Vesuvius. You will arrive in Capri with the wonder of the journey still in your eyes, but the island will still have many surprises in store for you.
Getting from Procida to Capri
All Alilauro Gruson ferries depart from the tourist port of Marina Grande (also known by the islanders as Marina di Sancio Cattolico), including the Procida-Capri connections. The boarding area is a short distance from a symbol of the island, Palazzo Montefusco, a holiday resort for the Bourbon royal family. The EAV public buses are the fastest way to reach the Procida pier but if you have time you can enjoy a pleasant walk.
The Port of Capri
The disembarkation point for all the fast Procida to Capri ferries is the tourist port Marina Grande of Capri. The atmosphere you breathe upon landing is incredible, because the Faraglioni island is ready to reveal its authentic essence to every tourist. From the port, the city center and the accommodation facilities can be easily reached on foot or by ATC Capri buses. The port area is also served by the famous Capri funicular, directed to the famous Piazzetta, a symbolic place, a refuge for VIPs and for those who want to sip the most glamorous of cafes.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Procida to Capri
The first ferry from Procida to Capri is available from 10 am. The timetable will allow you early on the island, for a 1-day tour to discover an authentic wonder. We advise you to book your ticket in advance on our website, in order to ensure a seat on board.
Procida - Capri ferry prices
On our Alilauro Gruson website you can book fast ferries from Procida to Capri at the best rates and without extra costs. Ticket prices start at € 15. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
How long does the Procida-Capri connection last?
The connection between the Port of Procida and the Marina Grande docking in Capri requires a navigation time of approximately 45 minutes. During the journey there is no need to get bored. Lulled by the sea breeze, you can divide your gaze between the silhouette of Ischia and the beauties of the Gulf of Naples and Vesuvius.
What to do during your stay in Capri?
Capri is an island full of charm and things to see. Spending time here means never getting bored.
What to see in Capri?
Between naturalistic itineraries and places of entertainment and culture, here are three places not to be missed during your stay in Capri:
- 1. Villa Jovis: it was built by Emperor Tiberius as a refuge from the chaos of the city. Today the ruins remain, very suggestive to visit not only for archeology enthusiasts.
- 2. Monte Solaro: it is the highest point of the city, from where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the whole island, the Sorrento peninsula and the Amalfi Coast. Walking to the top makes the experience even more exhilarating.
- 3. Via Krupp: it is a suggestive road dug entirely into the rock on commission at the beginning of the last century. With its suggestive hairpin bends, the road connects Marina Piccola to the Gardens of Augustus, covering an altitude difference of over 100 meters.
What to eat in Capri?
As soon as you get off one of our ferries to Capri, you can't miss a tour to discover the culinary jewels of the island's tradition. Here are some of the most representative dishes:
- 1. Spaghetti Chiummenzana: spaghetti served with fresh tomato sauce, chopped onion, garlic, chilli and basil.
- 2. Caprese ravioli: first course of the island's tradition par excellence, they amaze with their simple goodness. Prepared with handmade pasta, the ravioli are filled with caciotta, parmesan and marjoram. Once blanched, they are sautéed in a pan with butter and sage or seasoned with a sauce of fresh cherry tomatoes.
- 3. Caprese cake: To finish your meal worthily, you cannot miss a slice of this delicious cake. Legend has it that the cook Carmine di Fiore forgot to put the flour in a cake made with cocoa and almonds because of his haste. The result of that mistake was so surprising that it went down in history.