Timetables - Ferry Procida - Sorrento
|From / To||Day||Departure Time|
|04 April - 30 September||Monday - Wednesday - Friday||17:50|
|04 April - 30 September(Via Ischia e Capri )||Monday - Wednesday - Friday|
*arrival in sorrento at 12:00
|15 July - 15 August||Everyday||17:50|
|15 July - 15 August(Via Ischia e Capri)||Everyday|
*arrival in sorrento at 12:00
Rates - Ferry Procida - Sorrento
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€24.00||€48.00|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€12.80||€25.60|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€20.00||€40.00|
|Luggage (each piece)||€2.10||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry from Procida to Sorrento
If you are on holiday on the Amalfi coast, Sorrento is the ideal destination to visit on your return from one of the islands. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Procida, fast ships and ferries to Sorrento are available. Going to this beautiful city by ferry is extremely convenient, to avoid the traffic of the two coasts which can be very heavy on weekends or during the summer. One certainty: Sorrento will remain in your heart for the beauty of its coasts and picturesque artistic glimpses to photograph.
Where do the Procida - Sorrento ferries leave from?
The starting point from Procida to Sorrento is the marina of Marina Grande which is located in front of the former summer residence of the Bourbons, Palazzo Montefusco. The pier has a bar, rest area, newsstand and, of course, there is the ticket office. From Terra Murata, the charming old town overlooking the sea, it is easy to reach the Alilauro Gruson pier on foot. The boarding area can be reached from all points of the island using the public EAV buses. Four different lines serve the whole area and the rides are quite numerous. Alternatively, try one of the microtaxis, or the Apecars that will take you around the narrow streets of Procida, in an authentic movie atmosphere.
Port of Sorrento
The disembarkation point for all the fast ferries from Procida to Sorrento is the port of Marina Piccola. Near the historic center of the city, from the pier it is possible to move on foot, by internal buses or by taxi and easily reach your hotel or b&b in Sorrento.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Procida to Sorrento
Usually the ferries or hydrofoils from Procida to Sorrento are available from 10am. However, the times and the number of trips vary considerably depending on the period. For this reason it is advisable to always check the Procida - Sorrento timetables on the Alilauro Gruson website.
Hydrofoil prices from Procida to Sorrento
You can book tickets for the fast ferries from Procida to Sorrento in advance on the Alilauro Gruson website. Monitor the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best offers. Normally, the full ticket for the single route starts at around 16 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
What to do during your stay in Sorrento?
The port of Marina Piccola is located near the historic center of Sorrento. A sparkling maze of narrow streets where there are numerous shops and restaurants. Continuing along the course, you arrive at Piazza Tasso, the beating heart of Sorrento.
What to see in Sorrento?
Here are 3 places not to be missed in Sorrento during your stay:
- Corso Italia: the course is the main street of Sorrento, home to historic buildings and many fashionable shops. This street is always crowded, especially in the summer season. Go shopping or stop for an aperitif.
- The Ancient Walls of Sorrento: they are visible from via degli Aranci or from Piazza delle Antiche Mura. They date back to the 16th century and were built to defend the city from the invasion of the Saracens.
- Cathedral of Saints Philip and James of Sorrento: rich in paintings and sculptures, the baptismal font where Torquato Tasso was baptized is kept inside.
What to eat in Sorrento?
- Babà with limoncello: the meeting point between the main element of the Neapolitan confectionery tradition and the exquisite liqueur based on the famous Sorrento lemons is an authentic symphony of flavors.
- Cozze alla sorrentina: local seafood at zero kilometer, declined according to tradition in a recipe that enhances the simple essentiality of the flavors.
- Santa Rosa Sfogliatella: a delicate mix of very thin puff pastry filled with local ricotta and essences, with the addition of a delicate cream and local sour cherries.
Tips for a trip from Procida to Sorrento
June is one of the best times to visit Sorrento. The weather is beautiful and there is not too much crowd. However in July and August, the city is full of cultural and artistic events. Reserve your ticket in advance for the hydrofoils or ferries from Procida to Sorrento Alilauro Gruson.