Ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi
Ticket cost Sorrento Amalfi
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€17.50||€35.00|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€13.50||€27.00|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€13.50||€27.00|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€23.00|
|Luggage (each piece)||€2.10||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry from Sorrento to Amalfi
The Sorrento Peninsula is very close to the Amalfi Coast. Embarking from Sorrento with the Alilauro Gruson hydrofoils and ferries, you can easily and quickly reach the port of Amalfi. During the trip enjoy the suggestion of the landscape of the two coasts that meet. Amalfi is the city from which the entire coastal stretch takes its name, full of charm and art, with a past as an Ancient Maritime Republic.
How to get from Sorrento to Amalfi?
The connections from Sorrento to Amalfi depart from the port of Marina Piccola, which can be reached on foot via the stairs located in Piazza Tasso, or by the lift located in the Villa Comunale. Alternatively, you can take one of the many internal buses that lead to the ferry boarding area.
Ferries from Sorrent to Amalfi: the port of Amalfi
The disembarkation point for all fast ferries from Sorrento to Amalfi is the port of the same name which is just a few steps from the historic city center. As soon as you arrive at the pier, you can quickly reach the promenade on foot and the city center.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Sorrento to Amalfi
Usually the Sorrento-Amalfi ferries or hydrofoils are available starting in the afternoon. The rides are not very frequent so we advise you to check the timetables more thoroughly on the website and book a seat on the ferry in advance.
Price of ferries from Sorrento to Amalfi
You can book tickets for the fast ferries from Sorrento to Amalfi in advance on the Alilauro Gruson website. Remember to also monitor the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best offers. Normally, the full ticket for the single route starts at around 16 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult.
How long does the connection from Sorrento to Amalfi take?
The connection between the port of Marina Piccola di Sorrento and the port of Amalfi has a total duration of about one hour. While sailing you will be able to see, from the sea, one of the most beautiful and well-known coastal landscapes in the world.
What to do during your stay in Amalfi?
Here are 3 places not to be missed in Amalfi during your stay:
- Cathedral of Sant'Andrea: it is the most important attraction of the city. This fascinating Cathedral is located in Piazza Duomo and houses the relics of Saint Andrew. It is impossible not to be enchanted by the beautiful Romanesque facade with clear Arabian influences.
- Cloister of Paradise: part of the Cathedral, it has a truly enchanting portico where it is pleasant to walk. Note absolutely the details in the Arab-Norman style. Adjacent to the cloister there is also the Museum which houses the treasures of Amalfi, including the clothes and jewels owned by the Doges who administered the maritime republic.
- Arsenal: erected in 1059 in stone and lime, it was the building where the ships of the Maritime Republic were built and repaired. It still retains its elements dating back to the early Middle Ages. Inside there are art exhibitions and, with a little luck, you can admire the wooden boat with which the Amalfi team takes part in the traditional Regatta of the Maritime Republics.
What to eat in Amalfi?
The aromas of the coast are all found in the typical dishes of Amalfi. With its simple but intense flavors, the Amalfi Coast will make your trip even more unique.