Ferry from Sorrento to Capri
|From / To||Day||Departure Time|
|01 April - 03 November||Working days||07:15|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||08:45|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||09:20|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||09:50|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||10:45|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||13:30|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||15:50|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||16:05|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||16:45|
|01 April - 03 November||Everyday||17:45|
|01 April - 30 April||Monday - Wednesday - Friday||16:05|
Ticket cost Sorrento Capri
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€19.10||€38.20|
|Ordinary: Regional Importance Fee||€17.60||€35.20|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€10.30||€20.60|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€19.10||€34.60|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€21.50|
|Luggage (each piece)||€3.00||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
- NOTES: Landing tax in Capri to be added to the fees: extra €2,50 per person.
Ferry from Sorrento to Capri
The port of Sorrento is the closest point to Capri on the mainland. fast ships and ferries to Capri depart from the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Sorrento. Just the time to enjoy the suggestive charm of the Sorrento Peninsula from the sea and it will already be time to disembark in Capri. On this island, the favorite holiday resort of the emperors of Ancient Rome, every moment of your stay will be intense and unforgettable.
How to get from Sorrento to Capri
Ferries from Sorrento to Capri depart from the tourist port. The tourist port is easily reachable on foot from the center of Sorrento and from most of the accommodation facilities in the city. Alternatively, a practical internal bus will take you from Piazza Tasso to the tourist boarding area in a few minutes. An elevator is also available from the Public Garden of Sorrento to reach sea level and the path that leads to the port. From the Amalfi Coast you can get to the port of Sorrento by taking the SITA public buses, departing from both Amalfi and Positano. The port can also be easily reached using the Circumvesuviana trains that depart from the Central Station of Naples and arrive at the terminus of the Sorrento station, also passing through Pompeii. If you arrive by car, you can park in one of the many public or private car parks near the port, with daily rates that usually start at 10 Euros.
Ferries from Sorrent to Capri: The port of Marina Grande
The disembarkation point for all the fast ferries from Sorrento to Capri is the tourist port of Marina Grande. From the first glance at the island you will be able to understand why countless travelers consider a stay with a view of the Faraglioni to be magical. From the port of Marina Grande you can easily reach your hotel with one of the characteristic buses of the ATC Capri company. The port area is also served by the famous Capri funicular which heads towards the famous Piazzetta, a favorite place for VIPs and the Capri nightlife
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Sorrento to Capri
The first Sorrento-Capri ferry is usually available around 7, if you want to start your tour of the island early and have plenty of time to discover its beauties. The morning time slot includes frequent departures to Capri. Check the timetable for the exact departure times from the Port of Sorrento and, if you are planning to spend a day on the island, check at what time the last return connection is available and reach the boarding area in advance .
Price of ferries from Sorrento to Capri
On our Alilauro Gruson website you can book fast ferries from Sorrento to Capri at the best rates and without extra costs. The full ticket for the single route starts at around 18 Euros. Reductions are available for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling in the company of an adult. Directly from the site you can book a discounted rate for the round trip connection from Sorrento to Capri.
How long is ferry ride from Sorrento to Capri?
The ferry ride from the Port of Sorrento to Marina Grande in Capri requires a navigation time of about 20 minutes. The route includes the passage through the famous Bagni della Regina Giovanna and Punta Campanella, an interesting nature reserve that reveals all its charm especially to those who admire it passing by the sea.
What to do during your stay in Capri?
Capri is an unmissable destination for all travelers who are on holiday on the Amalfi Coast, in Naples or Sorrento. Tourists who book a Sorrento Capri ferry for a day tour are joined by the lucky ones who book accommodation directly on the island. The Piazzetta is the beating heart of Capri, where even just ordering a coffee becomes glamorous. The suggestive Blue Grotto is the most famous of the infinite natural wonders that the coasts of the island offer to those who discover them. Capri also offers many opportunities for trekking enthusiasts. Naturally, Capri's beaches are the ideal refuge for those who love to relax on the beach. Pure fun and a little excess based on oysters and champagne are the lifeblood of endless nights on Capri in one of the famous taverns, where everything is possible under the full moon that caresses the Faraglioni.
What to see in Capri?
Between naturalistic itineraries and places of entertainment and culture, here's what not to miss during your stay in Capri:
- Grotta dello Smeraldo: the most precious gem of Capri, with its iridescent play of light, offers intense emotions and the opportunity for the most romantic shot of the holiday on the island.
- Shopping going towards the Faraglioni: on foot from the Piazzetta, among exclusive Made in Capri fashion boutiques, you arrive at Quisisana, whose terraces overlook the most famous rocks in the world.
- Sphinx of Villa San Michele: the sculpture commissioned by the writer Axel Munthe watches over the sea around the island and gives good luck to the tourists who touch it.
What to eat in Capri?
To complete the discovery of the island, all that remains is to immerse yourself in the culinary tradition. The ingredients of the Caprese cuisine are those typical of the Mediterranean diet, in a constant balance between land and sea. Here are some of the most representative dishes:
- Caprese ravioli: first course of the island's tradition par excellence, they amaze with their simple goodness. In fact, these ravioli are stuffed with caciotta, parmesan and marjoram sautéed in a pan with butter and sage or seasoned with a sauce of fresh cherry tomatoes.
- Caprese salad: on hot summer days, this salad is the perfect dish. Tomato, mozzarella, basil and olive oil, happiness is made up of little things ...
- Caprese cake: To finish your meal worthily, you cannot miss a slice of this delicious cake. Legend has it that the cook Carmine di Fiore forgot to put the flour in a cocoa and almond-based cake because of his haste. The result of that mistake was so surprising that it went down in history.
These dishes must be accompanied by the typical wines of the area, the red and white Capri DOC, or the Limoncello.
Tips for trip from Sorrento to Capri
July and August are the most popular months to go to Capri. During this period, many events are organized on the island and you can devote yourself to VIP watching. However, if you are more interested in relaxation and enjoying nature in total tranquility, the most recommended months are May, June and September. As for the ferry from Sorrento to Capri, in the high season months and on weekends it is advisable to reserve your ticket in advance. Tickets for Alilauro Gruson fast ferries can be booked online in the appropriate section.