Timetable Ferry Sorrento - Ischia
Routes temporarily suspended
Ticket Price Ferry Sorrento - Ischia
|Ordinary: Visitor Fee||€24.00||€48.00|
|Child (2-11 yrs)||€12.80||€26.60|
|Groups (min. 15 pax)||€20.00||€40.00|
|School groups (min. 15 pax)||-||€28.00|
|Luggage (each piece)||€2.10||-|
- INFANT: Under the age of 2 are free ticket but are not entitled to a seat
- GUIDES AND TOUR LEADERS: Free ticket (max. 1 free ticket every 20 paying passengers.
- BUNKER SURCHARGE: Fees include the additional 'Bunker Surcharge' therefore may very depending on the cost of fuel.
- PRE-SALE: For Pre-sale tickets, an extra €1,00 fee needs to be added for each passenger. This extra cost does not apply to Groups.
Ferry Sorrento – Ischia
From the port of Sorrento you can easily reach the island of Ischia. From the Alilauro Gruson boarding area in Sorrento there are numerous ferries to Ischia . Crossing the suggestive gulf of Naples you will arrive at the port of Ischia. On this island full of charm and history, you can experience a dream stay that you will hardly forget.
Where do the Sorrento - Ischia ferries leave from?
You can take the ferry to Ischia from the tourist port of Sorrento, they depart from the tourist port which can also be reached on foot. Just take the stairs from the historic center of Sorrento or the lift in the municipal villa that will allow you to reach sea level and then continue to Marina Grande. Alternatively, you can take the bus from Piazza Tasso and easily reach the tourist boarding area. Starting from the Amalfi Coast, it is possible to reach the port of Sorrento with the SITA buses, departing from both Amalfi and Positano. The port can also be easily reached using the Circumvesuviana trains that depart from Naples Central Station. By car, you can park in one of the many public or private car parks near the port, with daily rates starting from 10 Euros
Arrival point of the ferries departing from Sorrento
The arrival point of the fast ferries Sorrento-Ischia is the main port of the island of Ischia. From here it is possible to go on a tour of one of the most beautiful islands in the Gulf of Naples. The port is well served by taxis and buses which on the island are managed by the EAV and which, with frequent trips, allow you to easily reach the main points of interest.
Ferry and hydrofoil timetables from Sorrento to Ischia
The Alilauro Gruson serves the Island of Ischia with several routes departing from Sorrento, but it is advisable to check the departure times in the appropriate section as they vary throughout the year. It is always advisable to purchase a return ticket at the Sorrento ticket office to avoid unnecessary queues and be sure of your seat.
Ticket price Ferry Sorrento - Ischia
On the Alilauro Gruson website it is possible to book tickets in advance for the Sorrento-Ischia connection. Remember to also monitor the "Offers" section, so as not to miss our best offers. The Alilauro Gruson applied on this route as for many other important reductions for groups and for children aged 2 to 11 traveling with an adult.
What to do during a stay in Ischia?
If you have little time to visit the island or your visit is reduced to just one day, it is advisable to move quickly from the port, perhaps jumping aboard one of the many boats that set sail from the port itself to take a tour of the island. Ischia has numerous beaches and coves, an extremely varied coast that alternates vertiginous overhangs with placid bays and crystalline waters.
What to see in Ischia.
It is difficult to make a selection of places to visit in Ischia, as it is one of the most beautiful places in the Gulf of Naples, but the places not to be missed are:
- One of the points of historical interest is the Aragonese Castle , built in 474 BC. by the Greeks, transformed over the centuries into the characteristic fortress still visible today and connected to the rest of the island by the characteristic bridge.
- Sant’Angelo is the most chic place on the island. It is entirely pedestrianized and has two areas inside: the lower area, that of the nightlife, embraces the square, a small marina, boutiques, bars and restaurants; and the upper area where we find the church of the patron saint San Michele Arcangelo and Cava Petrelle where there are the famous Fumaroles with the hot air coming from the subsoil, so hot that you can even cook there.
- Monte Epomeo . Ischia is not only sea but also mountains, the Epomeo with its 900 meters of height has a volcanic origin and a feature that makes it absolutely unique: it is made entirely of green tuff, a characteristic stone of the island of Ischia.
- Bay of San Pancrazio . With its emerald waters, it is a paradise for snorkelers and can only be reached by sea with one of the many sea taxis that depart from the main port of the island.
What to eat in Ischia
- Spaghetti with clams . One of the classics of Neapolitan cuisine, simple and enhanced by the freshness of the raw material.
- Gnocchi alla Sorrentina . Cooked in the characteristic terracotta bowls, the stringy mozzarella, the typical sweet tomato from Campania and the scent of fresh basil have made it a must over time.
- Pasta and beans with mussels . While beans are part of the Mediterranean diet in Southern Italy, pasta and beans with mussels are typical of the island of Ischia, creating that marriage of land and sea we were talking about.